CALL FOR PAPERS
GANZA Online Biennial Conference 2023
CFP: “Gothic Networks: Webs, Traps, and Global Trends”
GANZA’s 5th Biennial Conference
24th-25th January 2023, co-hosted online by Curtin University.
The #GANZA23 conference will be a fully virtual conference, delivered synchronously online via Zoom, and it will be organised in the spirit of the Association. GANZA is interdisciplinary in nature, bringing together scholars, students, and professionals from a number of Gothic disciplines, including literature, film, music, television, digital media, fashion, architecture, and other popular culture forms. It is the aim of the Association to not only place a focus on Australasian Gothic scholarship, but also to build international links with the wider Gothic community as a whole.
GANZA invites abstracts for 15-minute presentations related to the theme of ‘Gothic Networks’. Topics can include, but are not limited to:
• Gothic interconnections and intertextuality
• Gothic adaptations, incarnations, and reincarnations (from novel to film, from film
to television etc.)
• Cycles and exchanges, trans/mutations, and trans/routes
• Traps, entrapment, persecutions, and escapes
• Haunting and spectrality
• Labyrinths and puzzles, mazes and rhizomes
• Gothic webs, both literal and metaphoric
• Monsters and the monstrous
• Gothic bodies and identities
• The roots and history of the Gothic
• Gothic histories, memory and trauma
• Folklore and fairytales
• Gothic forms in popular culture
• Global Gothic (regionalities, geographies, and politics)
• Gothic technologies and digital networks
• Disease, contagion, and infection
• Death and the undead, in their Gothic contexts
• Gothic regionalities and geographies
• Gothic organizations and communities
• Online Gothic networks
• Gothic games
• Interdisciplinary entanglements with the Gothic
Please email abstracts of 250 words to the attention of the conference organisers at: firstname.lastname@example.org Abstracts should include your name, affiliation (if any), e-mail address, the title of your proposed paper, and a short bio (100 words max).
The deadline for submissions is 14th August 2022.